08 June 2010

Hipstamatic Bride


We are married! 
I am so glad we managed to get this to happen. My dad was there, he didn't even need his wheelchair, everyone I love was there, including my cousin and my auntie. We were drive to and from the wedding in an old Mercedes that was decorated with our names, empty cans and flowers, loaned to us by a lovely friend. My dad made a little speech.  We had a small dance at home and we had some food and some wine and then we had to take my dad to the hospital but it was all good. It was sad that our Australian family wasn't there with us but we will do that bit later in the year. 
It was lovely. I love being married. 


I wore this dress. It is from the Salvos in Hawthorn, and it was 20 Dollars. I didn't even try it on - I just walked past it on the way back from the dentist two days before I was due to fly home, and there it was in the window saying "hey, in case you need to have an emergency wedding, you should buy me without even trying me on". And so I did. And it was good.


And because the weather gods weren't as kind as the oppy gods, I had to go and buy a matching jacket, and there was one in the exact same colour as the dress in H&M. So there you have a perfect example of something old and something new! 

10 comments:

One Flew Over said...

Congratulations Tina!!

Tania said...

I have a great whopping smile on my dial.

(CONGRATULATIONS!)

Liesl said...

How wonderful - congratulations! Your dress is beautiful.

shine little light* said...

Big huge congratulations to you! Awesome oppy find! *s*

Sally said...

Congratulations. Bestest wishes for a future together filled with laughter and happieness.
BRAVO!

Kate Moore said...

It sounds just perfect and I love that the dress presented it to you. Brilliant.

Kate said...

Gorgeous dress. Congratulations.
x

Georgie Love said...

Oh congratulations! A lovely party (the dress can still come) in Aus for your loved ones who couldn't come, should do the trick!

Leonie Guld said...

Oh...congratulations!!! How fantastic for you both. xxx

Gina said...

Yay! That dress looks more than perfect. I'm so thrilled that it happened. Mrs, um, Vintage.